Dempo Sports Club Grassroots Development Program
- To give children an early football playing opportunity
- To include fun and enjoyment activities to encourage children to take up football as a healthy recreation
- To create a vast pool of players
- To involve more parents for increasing awareness and interest
- To involve local community and increase fan base
- To attract children in the age group of 8-10 years to play football
- To promote grassroots and youth football in the respective centres
- To develop a pool of coaches and administrators that will focus of the development of football at the grassroots and the youth level.
- To provide healthy recreation to young children during summer holidays
- To inculcate good nutrition and health habits
- To promote camaraderie and team spirit
- To develop strong fan base
Dempo Sports Club has joined hands with Salcete Football Club to form a well structured grassroots and youth football development program for 8 – 10 year olds which will help raise their football skills to the next level in a fun and entertaining environment.
Since its establishment in April 2013, the grassroots centers have seen attendance from over 150 enthusiastic children. Aged between 8-12 year old, school children are invited to come out and participate in the entertaining football drills specially designed by our Dempo SC coaches. The grassroots program is implemented in a way which is specific to a child’s skill level and which helps him to discover his own talent.
Currently Dempo Sports Club operates two grassroots centers, namely
- Tilamol Grassroots Center, Quepem
- Don Bosco Grassroots Center, Margao
If you need to enroll your child for any of these centers please contact 0832-2441444 (9:30 am to 5:30 pm)